[VAC] Re: Tekonsha Brake Controllers

As soon as the the brake pedal activates the brake light, the trailer
brakes come on.  How much they come on (voltage applied) is dependent on
where the aggressiveness adjustment is set to (max voltage) and how fast
the momentum pendulum is swinging forward (how seriously you are
applying the brakes).

That's why when someone said earlier that theirs kept coming on when
they went over potholes, I thought "Oh yeah? their brake pedal must be
loose then".

The key is to match the trailer weight and number of brakes (axles) and
tow vehicle braking power to the controller via this adjustment.  If you
have a heavy trailer and relatively light tow vehicle, or low braking
power (drum brakes), then you want the trailer brakes to come on a
little stronger (aggressive).

The new Tekonsha instructions are pretty good (just finished the
installation/adjustment this morning).  The Montero has huge 4 wheel
disc brakes.  I have the trailer brakes set lightly.

The '65 Caravel/'01 Montero combo is ready to roll! (Don't tell our Ford
pickup, it might cry)

RJ