[VAC] Re: Brake Controllers

Richard,

The more I think about this problem, the more I think you are right (based
on my original idea of having the automakers come up with the trailer brake
controller as part of the tow vehicle's brake system [or a satisfactory
interface and a compatible brake controller])

GM and Chevrolet have a sizeable (though not significant by automaker
standars) market in tow vehicles - namely Suburbans and Tahoe/Yukons.  If
they though they could corner the tow vehicle market, they might be
interested.  These vehicles are high profit units compared to most of their
other product lines.

The question is how to get the guys with the sleeve garters and green
eyeshades to come up with a good business case for the company.  A start
might be to get the names and addresses of the product managers of the
various tow vehicles and e-mail /Fax / or write to them.  If they all
request the product at the same time it might seem like a big opportunity.

Another possibility is to get the GM Delco-Remy  unit (now Delphi) to get
into the act  They are already making the ABS brake systems and sell to
other automakers beside GM.  They also have the design and manufacturing
talent to do the job.

Let's get some more ideas from the VAC folks.

Sincerely,

Oliver Filippi
2141