[VAC] Re: Batteries under side gaucho

(re: Terry Tyler's story about batteries under side gaucho and subsequent
welding job)

Thank you VERY much for the tip, Terry. That little escapade you related
sounds like just the sort of thing I usually get myself into, and am most
grateful that you did it first and would share the experience.

Reminded me of the cold, cold New Years Eve when Susan and I were travelling
cross-country on a very rural stretch of the Kansas Turnpike and lost a
wheel off of a small trailer. Being young and broke, we spent the night in
our car in the tow truck operators back yard, wearing long johns, our coats,
and our bath robes, and starting the car for 5 minutes (for heat) once an
hour. What a night. Almost as much fun as taking the axle off and putting it
back on (after the kindest cowboy in all of Wichita left his TV bowl game to
fix my axle - "send me $15. when you get home") in 5 degree weather.  I
think I had an adjustable wrench, a hammer, a pair of vice grips, and some
woodworking chisels.  We were so grateful to the guy we named our next dog
after him, and with us, that's a high honor.
I guess that kind of thing makes you stronger ... at least when you're 21.

I will get the welding done now. Luckily, the belly pan is already off.

Thanks Terry.

Bob Harper
BH62GT/SC