[VAC] Batteries and battery venting

Thanks Jim Dunmeyer for input re: the battery venting.

I've also seen caps sold which are touted as "recirculating" the gasses
produced by the battery back into the cells, by combining the hydrogen and
oxygen off-gassing back into water (by catalytic action). This supposedly
helps keep the battery water level "topped off". They're sold by RV Solar
Electric in AZ (Noel Kirby). They recommend inexpensive golf cart batteries
(Trojans under another name), pairs of 6V, from Sam's Club. I think about
$120 per 6V pair. Imagine that ... a dealer sending you to another retailer
for the best buy in batteries ...
Anyone had experience with these "WATERCAPS"?

I've heard many times about the joys of maintenance- and gas-free gel cells,
but it would take quite a while for that joy to catch up to the pain of
upfront cost as far as I'm concerned.

I bought the Iota converter/charger, 55 amp, with the added gizmo to provide
3-stage charging, and will start with a Siemens 75 watt solar panel.

BH62GT/SC