[VAC] Re: Help - mice (rats?) and destruction

Just a note to warn of the damage that can be caused by rodents, especially
when gone unnoticed for a period of time.  I recently had a rat infestation
on a 1964 Chris Craft motoryacht I have owned for six plus years.  It
happened over the Thanksgiving to New Years period when I was too busy to get
up to the boat (2 hours away) and so the boat was unattended for approx 5-6
weeks.  I am not certain how they got on the boat, but a total of 17 dead
adult rats (several obviously pregnant) and a litter of 5-7 babies were
removed.  They chewed through clothing, linens, headliners, HVAC ductwork,
water lines, wires, and all dry food, leaving the whole boat smelling of rat
excrement.
Often our trailers sit unattended in the winter, please take precaution to
not allow an opportunity for rodents to infest.  A few boxes of poison placed
where pets and children can't get at it is well worth the small investment.
I had never realized how damaging something like this can be, but I now take
extra precautions to insure that I never live through another such experience.

John -- 77 Excella
Atlanta, GA