[VAC] Polishing/holographic/clad thickness

RJ, I was hoping to get some further comment from you re: your
restoration/polishing experience (really nice job w/ the web site:
http://www.vintageairstream.com/rr_home.html ) and the holographic effect
you described at the final Rolite (AP300) stage with the Cyclo. What was the
cause of the "holographic effect"? Are you seeing patterns left by the
Cyclo, and if so, from what step?
I'm not sure the super reflective final product is what I want, since I had
several areas of surface damage, and have witnessed your described
"sand-through" of the alclad coating. A question on that specifically: the
text at the above site says the alclad has a thickness of .05", and it
appears to me to be coated both sides (I flipped over a panel and the inside
shined-up nicely). So that makes a total thickness of .1" for the cladding.
That's thicker than the skin itself. Errant decimal? Is the cladding
thickness .005"?

Thanks.

BH62GT/SC