[VAC] Re: Radial vs. Bias Ply Comparison

Thanks Pearl,

Good info, I too have learned to read the numbers but it does get to be a
guessing game as to which Decade sometimes.  Believe it or not i still have
a couple of the original tires that came on my 69. ( I bought it in 72)
Every time I put new ones on they would shed the tread and back would come
the old ones for a few miles.

In fairness to Goodyear, the tires I had trouble with were back in the 70's.
One post mentioned the Goodyear Marathon.  Certain load range D were
recalled about a year ago and replaced so maybe they are not doing much
better today.
I will keep Cooper in mind.

The ones that failed on my last trip were made for Co-Op by Kelly
Springfield but I had been pretty hard on them.

Rick Davis  1602
Jamestown, Tn
54 safari
69 Ambassador