[VAC] Re: tires & wheels

Steve,

I agree with Rick Davis in his suggestion to trash the split rim wheels and replace them.  You might also want to consider used take-off wheels from a wrecked Airstream but some recommend against the use of used wheels.

I have bought trailer tires in the 700 x 15 size (original equipment) from farm stores in my area as Rick suggested.  I have also purchased 700 x 15 Goodyear Workhorse light truck tires from SAM's Clubs by special order (takes about one week to deliver at about $61 per tire) or from Wal-Mart (about $0.50 higher price.)

My experience with SAM's clubs tires has been very positive.  Price your local Goodyear tire dealer first then price SAM's prices.  New tires I have purchased through SAM's were fresh from the mold as determined by checking the DOT code molded in the tire sidewall.  DOT 051 translates to molded during the fifth week of 2001.

Harvey