Re: [VAC] Communications on Road

Hi George and Jeri,

Each summer, during the WBCCI International
Convention, channel 14 is typically used by
the convention organizers so they can make
daily announcements to convention goers.

And most of us who are WBCCI Caravan Leaders
ask our caravaners to use channel 14 during the
caravan. Monitoring 24 hours a day is often a
feature of WBCCI caravans.

As far as routine monitoring is concerned, it has
never been apparent to us that other CB channels
were or are currently being used "universally" by
RVers.Perhaps other VAC members will have
different experiences to share.

One question you didn't ask about is the role of
email. We just supplemented ours with a device
slightly larger than a TV remote control made by
Sharp, for use with a service called "pocketmail."

We're expecting it to be extremely useful. The
ease of sending/receiving email from any pay
phone (via an 800 #) should make regular
communication a proverbial "piece of cake."

Later,
Terry