[VAC] Amb/tow vehicle

A couple of days ago someone mentioned using a used ambulance for a tow
vehicle. After working the past 9 years in them I can't think of a more beat
to death used vehicle other then a police car. The front ends will be shot
(I've never been in an ambulance over two months old that had a tight front
end) also the wiring is a nightmare. A friend of mine that works on them
said add two zero's to their  mileage and you will have it about right as
far as wear and tear.  On the plus side after you rebuild the front end,
figure out the wiring and  rip out the 2500 lb. of cabinetry in the back you
will have a 7.6L diesel van with the most heavy duty parts available
anywhere in the industry.  I'm thinking of getting one as a project.
 Steve Gray
63 Overlander