[VAC] bias ply vs radials

Hi folks,
 can anyone out there tell me if it's OK to sustitute radials where bias
ply tires were used before. I've heard conflicting reports on this but I
guess if anyone out there has already done this it would be proof enough
for me.Does it effect the handling, or load caracteristics? Our trailer
is a 59 overlander,26'. I'm sure it needs new tires and I would prefer
radials. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.
                                                 Thank You,
                                                 Joe DeLillo
                                                 59 Overlander
                                                 tooljd@snet.net