Re: [VAC] rivet selection

The 5-5 Olympic rivets seem to fit most exterior skin applications as
they will pull from grip lengths of 2/16ths to 5/16ths.  Haven't come
across the need for washers, although I did use some larger 6-8's on
some holes that were oversized on my last project. The belly skins
actually use a regular pop-rivet, and the large diameter head 5-2's,
-3's, -4's & -5's available from RivetsPlus are great for that. Only
$3.50 - $4.50 a box.  A Q-Tip of Vulkem or aluminum sealant in each hole
does the trick.
RJ
'65 Caravel