Re: [VAC] Lighting Catalytic & "120v" furnace.

Bill,

Thanks for the excellent instructions on the catalytic heater.  I did
find out you can still get the water filter element from Airstream.  Had
to go to an Airstream dealer in Mesa, AZ.  I ordered the Zip Dee parts I
needed from this dealer.  Unfortunately, there aren't any AS dealers
left in New Mexico.

I have found a "mystery" box in the rear storage area, the one where all
the plumbing and polarity indicator light is.  Its is about a 5 inch
cube with electric wires coming out the top.  It is filled with what
appears to be a sand and expoxy mixture.  It was definitely added by one
of the past owners, it sits on a home made wood stand over the PCV
pipes.  Maybe someone out there might have an idea as to what it is!

Thanks again for the reply.