RE: [VAC] North to Alaska -

Don't just protect the Bambi, protect your tow vehicle headlights and
windshield as well.  We juryrigged a system with aluminum window screen when
we drove the Alcan in 1982 in a brand new car- there was still a great deal
of gravel road and road under construction- and we finished without a
scratch!  We saw many destroyed lights and cracked windshields along the
way.
One really great thing about the Alcan is that you will continually pass and
be passed by the same group of people, until you end up at a campground with
some of them.  It is a long and lonely road, with long stretches between
stops, so having friendly faces along the way is a fun  distraction!
Also, don't leave the US without a copy of the Alcan magazine called the
Milepost.  It is current with every gas station, store, restaurant,
campground and motel along the way, which can be very important when you
need to know how far to the next tank full.  Good luck and have a blast!
Mike and Leslie
'62 Tradewind