Re: [VAC] Newbie to VAC list

I have a quiet Honda generator but I wouldn't use it before 10AM and
after 3PM and then for only charging a low battery or other emergency
condition.s  When you are camping, which is usually in an area with a lot
of other campers, generator noise is about the most aggravating thing one
can hear, it even rates above boom boxes.   Particuarly when when a lot
of folks seem to like to  use the generator for  TV watching in evening
or at night.   Part of camping is to enjoy the quiet.  However, you can
help a some by building a collapsable insulating  housing to cover the
generator but leave some space for air circulation/exhaust heat.  Best
use for a generator is when you are boondocking and are alone.  As
mentioned solar power/inverters are the right way to go.  Take my word,
you will make very few acquaintences when you are a generator user and
almost no friends.

Roy