Re: [VAC] How do you remove the rear brack/signal light houseing

Carl:

         If your unit's young enough, you should be able to get replacement
"innards" for tail light assemblies at your nearestAS dealer.  If you don't
have one near, there are lots of "ex" As dealers; try one of them.
         I had a similar problem, but the parts for my '72's cast aluminum
fixtures were no longer available.  Airstream gave me the part number, and
I had to get two new assemblies, at over $100 each, and they are flush,
bright things - not as neat as the cast aluminum ones.
         The job of replacing the insides is straightforward, I am
told.  Do you have a service manual?  If you can get the rusted parts out
ok, then you won't have to remove the fixtures - just take the old ones
out, clean up, and put the new ones in.
         Good luck.