Re: [VAC] side signal lights

Hi Cindy,
Chris is right.  What you have is a convenience device, mounted on the
road side,(drivers side) of the coach.  Actually two fiber optic cables
run to the tail lights where they end.  The objective is such that when
you turn on the lights and or turn signals/brake lights, you can see
them light up in the fiber optic device. When it is dark, you can see
them in your rear view mirror.  Saves you the trip of getting out and
walking back to check your tail lights.  I had a 1979 Safari/
International with that option.  I don't know when the option was
introduced, but probably in 1969 with the new models. If they stopped
working, it  means your tail lights are not working, or, the fiber optic
cable is broken.   Make sure your tow vehicle is plugged to the trailer,
turn on the lights, (night time is better) then check it again.  Chances
of the fiber optic cable being broken, are very remote.

Bill Scott
66 TW LY