Re: [VAC] Re: grey water use

I like Sherry's technique: put a bowl or dish pan in the sinks to catch
the grey and just pour it into the toilet as needed. Keep a bucket handy
if you need a reservoir. (SF Bay Area residents *lived* with such buckets
in their houses during the drought of the '70s. We even emptied our
precious hot tubs to keep the fuchias alive!).

As others have pointed out, grey water generation far exceeds flushing
needs. You would probably often end up emptying those catch bowls down
the grey water drains anyway, so you wouldn't be saving much from going
into the grey tank--but even if you only save a couple of quarts, it'd
worth it if that means you don't have two quarts sloshing around in you
shower pan! (Been there!)

Rob & Sadie, in the gold country, California, USA
  '73 Safari: "Sibill", the SIlver BILLet;
  '99 F-150, black supercab flairside, "Gromit";
   Golden Retriever, "Twee", and muttski, "Randall";
   --and the Prijon Beluga (kayak)