Re: [VAC] Solar how to?

Deena,
 You don't need an inverter for lights if you have 12VDC flourescents,
and don't really WANT to use it for lights. It'll cost some efficiency,
and you have to fire it up just to have light. An inverter is nice if
you want to run a microwave oven, but I personally see very little need
otherwise. Coffee can be made on the gas stove just as easily as using
an electric coffeemaker, and any heating appliance will REALLY eat up
your batteries.

You can attach your solar panel to the roof several different ways,
including gluing the brackets to the skin with some sort of adhesive. I
don't recall the Web Site where the operators claim that that's how they
always attach solar panels to trailers with aluminum skin and they've
never had one come loose.

Our solar panel setup is of the "set it alongside the trailer and plug
it in" variety. Pics are at the site in my SIG.

                            <<Jim>>