Re: [VAC] Suburban furnace

I agree. Although I have never used the catalytic heater, I am not a big fan of
inhaling the products of the combustion of propane or other fossil fuels. Yes,
they are primarily CO2 and water, but there are numerous other substances present
in those fuels, which is one reason why, when cooking with gas, you should run the
exhaust fan (conveniently located above the cook top in most trailers.) On the
subject of comfort and convenience, I do like the fact that my furnace circulates
heat to both ends of my 31' Sovereign through the blower/duct system. The tradeoff
is the noise of the burner and blower, when it is kicked in, and the fact that the
thermostat (original in my '66; probably there are better controls available now)
has a wide control band so the trailer temperature varies quite a bit between
cycles.