Re: [VAC] smoke stains-can they be removed?

Greg:

         I don't know how long you've been monitoring these lists, but
there are periodic suggestions for cleaning these stains up.  I've made a
list of some of them, as I have a similar problem - not stains, but a very
tacky feeling to the touch, which may not be the same as your tobacco
problem.  My list is

1.      Goo Gone
2.      Mean Green
3.      Armorall
4.      Coleman Fuel (bad idea, IMHO)
5.      De-Solve-It
6.      Greased Lightening
7.      Home Depot Citrus Cleaner (and similar from Wal-Mart)

The most common opinion seems to run to the citrus-based cleaners.  We've
had limited success with the citrus cleaner from Home Depot, but it's a lot
of scrubbing.  Good luck.

- Dick
(5368)