RE: [A/S] Air Conditioner dripping

Condensation is captured in a A/S custom made drip pan that drains thru a
tube between the inner and outer walls and exits near the roadside wheel
well.  Tightening the A/C bolts will not solve a condensation overflow
issue, which is what sounds like what you are seeing.  Also, on all newer
A/S, the factory seals the drip pan airtight to the roof and if there was an
issue with this, the drip would be when it rains, not just from running the
AC. The AC sits in the drip pan.  If the drip pan has a crack, that could be
the problem or the drain line may be clogged, either manmade or from a dirt
dauber.  There is a hose clamp where the drain line attaches to the drip pan
and this can be seen if you remove the roadside filter and look up (you will
see a clear tube leading away from the edge of what looks like a plastic
tray.  The higher the fan speed the more likely that the blower will blow
some water out of the drip pan if the drip pan is slow to drain.

BTW, I am the GM at an A/S dealership as well as the owner of two A/S.  I
had a similar issue with my 19' Babmi and it turned out that a screen that I
had placed over the tube to prevent dirt daubers from building a nest had
grown mold over the screen mesh and effectively plugged the line.  I pulled
the screen and water came pouring out.

David Tidmore
Pres Heart of Texas Camping Unit
WBCCI #7548