[A/S] Tiling Floors - was onan propane genset

> well, latex-modified thinset would probably work, but you can't use it with
>
> every kind of tile; and the usual cementitious stuff won't hold up under
> travel/flex/vibration... only a matter of time before it would fail/crumble.
>
> mastic, on the other hand, stays kind of 'chewy' after it cures and
> shouldn't be any problem at all.

Okay, I happen to have just finished a big bathroom remodel where I used
latex modified thinset and mastic... so I have my choice leftover.

The bathroom floor is 20" x 21" and the tiles I've selected are the 1" square
ones on a backing material.

Should I use the latex thinset or the mastic?

I also have left over cement backerboard, or can out it down on the vinyl
floor that's there now.

Hunter