Re: [A/S] onan propane genset - was 'Yamaha Generator'

Hey Daisy -

actually, since i don't plan on doing much dry-camping in the Trailwind rig,
I'd be more inclined to use the 'WarmlyYours' electric radiant floor
system - i've installed it under ceramic tile in two bathrooms (in my
house), and it's extremely efficient. However, it's supposed to be imbedded
in thinset mortar, which isn't in the cards for a trailer. I'm thinking the
thin foam underlayment used under laminate flooring - maybe two layers -
would do the trick under the cork flooring; or maybe a flexible mastic with
a thin plywood or masonite layer on top, with the cork floor 'floating' on
top of that...

the weight of the water in the radiant/hydronic floor system would be
negligible, i think, since there's not much floor-space that needs heating
in a 19' trailer... but there's the matter of heating it, circulating it,
and returning it to the water storage - not difficult with a PEX system and
manifold, and it would work in an off-the-grid, propane/battery only
situation.

tuna