Re: [A/S] Re: Yamaha Generator

I've had an Onan 4kW propane-fired genset in my old rv for about 5 years -
it's going into the '48 'Trailwind' when the Airstream gets a floor...

The propane version puts out about 3500-3600 watts and ran the a/c and the
microwave and all the dc stuff running off the univolt converter. I've never
had a problem with it; electric start starts right up every time, and it's
in a sound-proofed box with the exhaust/muffler running out under the
vehicle. In most dry-camping situations where generators aren't allowed to
run after 10pm, I've occasionally left it running past midnight (i forget
that it's running), and only once has a ranger knocked on the door, and only
then because he couldn't believe it was a generator he was hearing... he was
about ten feet from it before he'd heard anything at all.

tuna
reno, nv