RE: [A/S] Re:Replacing converter/charger

Chris,

I replaced my Univolt with a Progressive Dynamics Intellisync with a Charge
Wizard. I have a '76 Tradewind, which has the converter installed behind the
oven/range.  The old BUZZZ is gone, as the Intellisync is very quiet.  If
there is a heavy load, the Intellisync's whisper fan comes on to cool the
unit.  Even with the Fan on, it is very quiet. The solid state electronics
does not seem to generate a lot of excess heat, so I have not had a problem
with the unit overheating.

The Charge Wizard provides a three stage charging capability (1. full power
when the load is hweavy or the battery is low, 2. Trickle charge to maintain
the battery (without cooking it like the Univolt) and 3. "Anti stratifying"
to keep the battery at maximum charge even when there is no power draw by a
short, heavy charge periodically to stir up the electrolite.)

I would highly reccommend such a unit.

I also devised a way for the "shore power "on" light" to function with the
new converter. Very handy, especially if the hookup trips the ground fault
circuit breaker- I know the battery is being charged.

Oliver Filippi