[A/S] Converter replacement (Univolt or other)

I went the WFCO route with its charger capabilities.   Lots of
research went into this choice too.
Ref: http://www.ccis.com/home/mnemeth/12volt/12volt.htm

I like this info.

Part of the info I dug up was on the placement of the batteries in
relationship tp "old sparkey" Univolt or any other spark producing
equipment...including lights. Don't do it in the same enclosed
compartment!

Use the deep cycle, high AMP Hour, battery with the new system.

Mount it all according to directions....and try to keep the circuit
protection localized for ease of maintenance.

Don't panic if you have an oldie with Kaiser Aluminum wire (like I did.)
Just use the proper connectors.