RE: [A/S] Brakes and Hitches/controller mount

A few years ago California came up with an endorsement
for their driver license, for towing trailers.  (Like
the motorcycle endorsement.)  BUT, all that is
required is passing a written test.  No driving test
required.  Maybe in another few years, after more and
more people wrap trailers around themselves and
others, out of stupidity?  Just yesterday, I passed an
accident where a flatbed trailer came loose from the
tow vehicle, and ran into the front of a mini-van.
Pretty much destroyed the van.  What I did notice was,
NO Safety Chaines.  And, I bet he didn't use a safety
clip on the coupler, either.

Another problem I have seen (a lot) lately, is with
the yard peoples, trailers.  As I drive by them, I
always look at the coupling devices.  (Safety clips,
chains, electrical wireing...)  I have noticed a lot
of balls, that are loose.  As the trailers serge back
and forth, I have seen that the balls, also are moving
back and forth, in the coupler.  (Not the hitch, or
the tow bar, but the ball - itself.)

AAAgh.

Kimm