[A/S] Tom's EX

Howdy Y'all:

Well, I finally did it.  I traded my F250 PSD in on a
used '05 Excursion 6.0L 4x4.  I've been looking for
awhile, and almost everyone I saw was gas - wonder
why.  This one is black, and my wife said we should
either name it "Beast" or "Subdivision".  If I have to
name it, I think I'll opt for Beast.

It only has 14k miles on it, so the engine still
hasn't broken in.  Since I've never towed our 34' with
a SWB I'm wondering if any of y'all can give me a hint
as to what I might expect.  Also, when can I start
using synthetic oil, and tranny fluids?

Next week I'm having a rear stabilizer and air springs
installed.  Reading on the diesel stop forum, it seems
that these are necessary.  It didn't come with a rear
stabilizer, so I'd have to do that anyway.

The tires are 285's load range D.  Can anyone tell me
about those, and how they will take to towing?

We're going to Marble Falls in 2 weeks, so I'll have
my first chance to see how it does.

Tom May