[A/S] Re: What about hail?

Hail and most other objects do not mx well.  In terms of hail nad
trailers, regardless of brand or constructoin, there are two types:
those that have hail damage and those that will have hail damage.
Aluminum dents, fiberglas dents and cracks, rubber roofs will take a
storm or two but we have replace a lot of them as well. Fiberglas
deteriorates in the sun quickly. You begin to see yellowing after
just a few years.

On Airstreams you can reskin or fill and paint.

The move to other materials had much more to do with materials costs
and labor costs. You can glue cheap fiberglas reinforced plastic to
cheap chipboard and slap in on a much heavier trailer that costs
less than an Airstream to build or buy but more to haul around and
has a MUCH shorter lifespan than an Airstream.

We professionally rebuild all types of trailers from the 30's
through current models.  The older all aluminum models, Airstream,
Spartan, Airfloat, Streamline, Westcraft and the others are
infinitely rebuildable. The models containing a great deal of wood
are much more expensive to rebuild and many times are not worth
saving.

You get what you pay for!

Brett
www.TimelessTravelTrailers.com