RE: [A/S] Newbie

As long as the pos. and neg. connectors are seperated and the ends taped to
prevent contact, you should be safe.  If you just bought a new battery, I
would not wait longer than 3 months or so to purchase an identical battery
for the other side.  Ideally, batteries should be matched with close to the
same manufacturing date but many do not go this far.  A battery that is used
in the trailer down the road could go bad and take a newer battery with it.
Will one battery by itself work for you?  Figure up the amount of current
your electrical system is using, how much the converter is putting back in
the battery and if the battery is being drawn down more than 50 % of its
rated amp. hr. capacity, i.e. 105, 115 amp. hr. then I definately add
another battery.