Re: [A/S] Re: Thoughts about tires

> You have got to be kidding!  Do they really expect
> people traveling on the
> Interstates to travel at 45 mph?  What happens if
> you travel at 60 mph (the
> fastest we ever go, even on Interstates)?

When you are traveling with only one tire on the
tandem axle pair, the surviving tire is carrying much
more weight.  By slowing down you increase that tire's
weight carrying capacity.  You can continue to do 60
but you stand a good chance of blowing that tire.

So you make your choice, you limp back or you blow the
surviving tire.

Jack Canavera
STL. Mo.
'04 Classic S.O. 30'