Re: [A/S] RE: Goodyear tires? Oasis RV

>If you are running E load range tires on a 25' trailer what load range do I
>need for a 32' trailer?

         What you need and what you can use if you want are two different
things.  What you *need* is a tire that, when inflated properly, can handle
the weight of your trailer without overheating.  I have a 29' Excfella that
weighs about 8,000#; I use Load Range D tires that Walt got for me (I'm not
sure what they're called, but they have the same tread pattern as a
Goodyear Marathon).  They have a maximum tire pressure of 65 psi, and I run
them at around 60-65 psi, which, according to the Goodyear loading charts,
will handle my load easily, and then some.  You can find these loading
charts on the Goodyear site; or, just Google "tire loading charts."
         Oliver likes the LR E tires he uses on his small trailer.  I
personally think that's overkill, but it's just a choice - he's certainly
safe with those tires.  Those LR E tires have a maximum pressure, I think,
of 80 psi; they're what I have on my tow vehicle, and are run there at 80
psi rear, 55 psi front, IIRC.  His remarks about the structure of modern
radial tires make good sense to me; so, just take your choice.

Dick
(5368)