Re: [A/S] New member/AC question

 What is the best
> BTU's to cool a 31'
> trailer?
> TIA:
> Steve L

Steve if you have the wiring which would support it,
and you get into the hot climes, I would go with a 15K
unit.  Obviously the Duo-Therm unit is a good
replacement since you can get the drain pan with it.
But it is pricy.  I think some others have gone with a
Carrier unit, but I'm not sure what they do about the
drain pan.

If you don't camp in the real hot weather or have
areas where the trailer is shaded, then the 13.5 K
unit can serve you well.

After a bad experience with the 13.5 unit out in full
sun on a 100 degree day with a 27' 2001 Safari, I
chose the 15K unit on my 2004 30' Classic.  I've not
regretted that upgrade.

Jack Canavera
STL. Mo.
'04 Classic S.O. 30'