[A/S] Furnace replacement

I have a non-functioning Coleman furnace in my 1975 Silver Streak
Continental. Didn't work when I bought the trailer five years ago. I
didn't worry about it then as it didn't get very cold in Santa Cruz and
when it did I could plug in a little electric heater for the bedroom
(while at a service park, of course). I also heard that a floor furnace
will eat up batteries overnight and therefore is not really usable when
back country. Was thinking of getting one of those wall mount radiant
heaters.

Well, I am in Humboldt county kalifornya now and it is cold. Using a
kerosene heater to get the trailer warm in the morning and thinking
about how nice it would be to have a working furnace.

The independent RV service shop in Santa Cruz said that it was possible
to get parts for Coleman's. I do not trust the RV shop here in Eureka to
work on it tho. They had never heard of a Silver Streak and were shocked
to hear that travel trailers could have copper plumbing like this Streak
does.

I got the pilot to come on (when I was looking into it 5 years ago) but
nothing else. Found a site with tips for working on Coleman furnaces but
haven't researched it yet.

A new electric ignition furnace sounds like it would be safer, and a
modern fan probably would use less current too.

Has anyone put a new furnace into the space that a Coleman model 4030
takes up? It is under the stove, seems fairly large.

www.lyalls.net/devoid/sstreak.html