RE: [A/S] Winterizing

George:

I have always put antifreeze in the freshwater tank during the winter to be
on the safe side (have seen many freeze and crack here in MT despite best
efforts to completely drain the tanks).  I don't drink the water from the
fresh water tank (I bathe, wash dishes, clean with it) - it is easier to
just use bottled water although my well water is spring fed and as pure as
you can get.  I just reconnect the pump, fill the tank from the outside
outlet, open up the spigots, open up the grey/black water dump and let the
water run until it is clear.  Then I pour a generous amount of baking soda
into the fresh water tank and repeat the process.  I do a smell/visual test
to make certain that there are no traces of AF remaining and then I am good
to go.  Have used this system successfully for years.

Montanaandy