RE: [A/S] Leaks in Front Windows on Bambi

Robert,

If I were you, and not more than 1000 miles from the Airstream factory, I
would bring the Bambi back personally. Hunter can tell you which high level
person to see - like the CEO of Airstream.

For two reasons:  1) the obvious one, to have it fixed. 2) To correct the
problem once and for all.  (This is the secret of Toyota's super quality on
their cars, and especially Lexus). I think the factory ought to figure out
what the problem is and change it's manufacturing process (or fire the klutz
who was supposed to caulk it properly).  Obviously there is a serious
problem here as it is not an isolated incident judging by the e-mails on the
A/S list.  (And what about the Bambi owners who aren't on the list?)

Usually, poor quality is less a case of poor workmanship, but more a case of
poor design, engineering or management - usually poor design.  [If parts do
not fit correctly, no amount of workmanship (in a production environment) is
going to make it fit.

Good luck.  And let me know how you make out.

Sincerely,

Oliver Filippi