Re: [A/S] Leaks in Front Windows on Bambi

Hunter,

I don't know yet.  I imagine that the fix will be something between
running a bead of sealant around the inside and outside perimeter of
the glass, or removing the glass and re-glazing it from scratch.

Taking a look at the way the glass is situated, It appears that it
goes in from the interior.  There is a visible bead of sealant around
the perimeter of the glass on the interior.  You have to get up close
and peer at the space between the glass and the plastic trim around
the border of the glass.  Bear in mind that mine is an International;
most of the interior is aluminum, and there is plastic trimwork around
the perimeter of the front windows.  (I don't know what it would look
like on a Safari or Classic).

Anyhow, the sealant around the perimeter of the glass, on the
interior, looks like it was done... well, it looks like it was done by
a nitwit.  A nitwit in a hurry, on a bad day.  I spent the last 22
years working for a window and door company, part of it doing warranty
service, so I know a bit about running a bead of caulk.  The guy that
did mine was a slob, and sloppy work with the caulk gun is probably
why it is leaking.  I imagine they will try to fix it by cleaning up
and re-doing the bead of sealant on the interior, because they won't
want to cut the glass loose and start from scratch.  If that gets the
job done, fine, but I'll be looking at it pretty hard when they give
it back to me.

On the outside, there is aluminum trim around the perimeter of the
glass.  It is riveted to the skin of the trailer, and laps over the
edge of the glass.  It is hard to evaluate how well that is sealed,
but there must be a void somewhere... so it will need to be sealed out
there too.  Problem is, there isn't much place to put a bead of caulk,
since the glass and aluminum is almost flush on the outside.  So I'm
kind of worried about whether they try to seal the glass in-place, or
cut the glass out and glaze it from scratch.  The latter is probably
the best choice, but I bet they won't want to go that route if they
can avoid it.

Sorry if that was ten times as much answer as you wanted!!  I'll let
you know how it works out.

George