[A/S] Re:Wanted..My First Airstream

> Hi folks,
> I wondered what items to check while I am searching the used market. I
> don't know what items may be problematic in certain years. What years
> are most desirable? I really enjoy the older wooden interiors, but I
> don't have time for a restoration project right now. I need a reliable
> unit to use for portable insurance adjusting. I am a claims adjuster
> that worked Hurrricane claims for the first time this past season and
> I realized my camper is too small!
>
> Any advise would be appreciated. Where is a good place to shop for
> units for sale? Do you recomend dealers or individuals?
>
> Ed Corum

Personally, I recommend individuals to purchase from.  Most dealers have a
far better idea of the value (top dollar value) of an item than I could
possibly have.  Now keep in mind that I can fix most everything in a
trailer, and pretty much know what to check on by now (bought and fixed
enough trailers).  If one is not handy, and does not have the time or
inclination to fix, safer sometimes to go to a dealer, but insist on written
warrantees.  If it ain't on paper then it ain't.

Tom
Canada