[A/S] Again with the wiring for tongue jack

Hi,
Bought the jack, Atwood 2500# lift. I removed the old one. Will
probably buy new bolts tomorrow, just in case the old ones have
weakened. I am going to replace the emergency breakaway brake switch.
I think mine is the original. Looks pretty ancient. I noticed that
there are two wires to it. I am wondering if it would be a good idea
to hook into the red wire to power the jack. That would save snaking a
wire into the space under the front gaucho to catch a hot wire. Any
reason not to?
thanks, bill b.