[A/S] Solar

> I thought of solar, but live a bit far north to get good use in winter
> unless I get lots of solar panels.

Hi Tom,

When I saw your sentence, I couldn't resist digging around in the VAC
archives. I wrote these articles a few years ago.

Perhaps they'll prompt you to reconsider your definition of "good use
in winter" --  or not.

Nevertheless, I remember having a similar attitude before my curiosity
got the better of me. One Summer I started systematically documenting
exactly what we were doing differently because of our solar panels.
That simple little data collection project was an eye opener and
resulted in a permanent lifestyle change for us. Here's what we found:

#1 Solar is at >>
http://www.tompatterson.com/VAC/Archives/2002_01/msg00159.html

#2 Solar is at >>
http://www.tompatterson.com/VAC/Archives/2002_01/msg00157.html

#3 solar is at >>
http://www.tompatterson.com/VAC/Archives/2002_01/msg00158.html

Solar panel mounting ideas are at >>
http://www.tompatterson.com/VAC/Archives/2001_07/msg00324.html

and just for the fun of it - I invite you to read >>

http://www.tompatterson.com/AirstreamList/PriorMonths/2003_10/
msg00180.html

My two cents,

Terry