[A/S] Re: Furnace replacement

Jack,

I've had to do some work on the furnace in my '79 trailer, and
getting it out was pretty easy.  Keep in mind that since you have a
motorhome, things might be a bit different.  My furnace is under my
stove.

Remove all screws on the flue on the outside of the trailer or
motorhome, and pry off the flue plate from all the sealant that is
sticking it in place.

Inside, remove the two screws that hold the cabinet trim piece on,
which hides the furnace.

On mine, there was a duct going out on each side as seen looking at
the furnace.  One screw held the duct sections to collars which slid
into the sides of the furnace.  You have to disconnect these ducts
from the furnace but you only need to remove enough duct to clear the
sides so you can pull the unit out.

If you have heated tanks, there will probably be a duct down thru the
floor.  Open up the furnace while it is still in place, and you will
see a flex duct collar pop rivited in place.  You have to drill out
these rivit heads.

There will also be two screws in the bottom of the furnace which
anchor it to the floor.

With the gas off, disconnect the gas line and wiring harness that
plugs in on one side.

You should now be able to pull the furnace straight out from it's
cubby.  It is kind of heavy, and if you have a nice floor you might
want to throw down a scrap of cardboard for protection before pulling
it out.

After you put your new furnace in, please check for gas leaks with
soapy water and not a match.

Christopher