RE: [A/S] Mercedes ML 500 towing capacity

Hunter,
I am still thinking of the "towing capacity" of the original ML, which had a
tiny 3.2 liter engine, yet a very hefty (certainly optimistic for the engine
size) towing capacity.

I don't recall the capacity of the current model ML.  I do believe it is a
totally different construction and likely has a lower factory rated towing
capacity.

Obviously, it would be dumb to exceed the factory rating.

Thank you for correcting me.

You are right. Forget everything I said about possibly towing with a
Mercedes ML.

I think the way the auto industry is going, the only practical (and safe)
tow vehicles are truck based vehicles.  And this typically means a full
size, properly equipped pickup.

Oliver Filippi

P.S.  I should know better than to mess with a sharp blonde!  Thanks for
catching my oversight.