[A/S] Re: Locking? Securing an A/S trailer

> What do you keep in your trailer that is so valuable?  I have a color
> tv and vcr/dvd player from Wal-Mart.  I will gladly give it up to a
> thief.  I have insurance to cover contents.  The doors and windows on
> my unit are not easy for me to replace.

I don't lock mine either, and keep nothing in it but an old black and white
12V TV which somebody can have if they want it.  They would probably break
in and put it back after they found out what they had.  That said, some
insurance companies, mine included, will not settle a claim nor even accept
one if the trailer was not secured.  I suppose some scratches around the
lock might convince them that the unit had been locked and broken into, but
then, doing that for a claim would be just as dishonest as the thief who had
taken something in the first place.  My trailer is parked in my back yard
behind chain link fence, and so is reasonably safe.  I have another trailer
in permapark in a campground though, and it is locked, barred and well
secured.  Anyone wishing to get to it must either go through those slatted
windows on the old other brands, or through three locked doors (two on the
addition and one on the trailer to get to my stuff.  There is one road in
and access by water (well ice just now) and the campground owners are in
residence, and are paid to be vigilant.  I have been there ten years and not
lost anything yet, knock on wood.  Hmmm, think I will take a trip out there
today and knock on the wooden picnic table.  Haw!

Tom
Canada