[A/S] Food storage and securing an old trailer

First on food storage - if you are storing dry goods, rice, flour, etc. you
can put in a metal container (like a popcorn container) and light a candle
in the center.  Put on the METAL lid.  Once all oxygen is gone the candle
extinguishes itself.  I have used this for years for animal feed, rice (when
I got a great bargain for the 5 year amount) and other dry goods.  When you
open it, go through the same process again.  Mostly eliminate weavils and
those little flying things around dry goods.  Living in Florida we go to
great extremes.

On the fridge - if you put in a couple boxes of baking soda and close for a
few days, the odors should be absorbed.  Toss the baking soda, replace with
new ones and use for storage.

On securing an old trailer.  73's friend - from former WN8WYJ - back in the
days a novice license was unrenewable!!!  LOL  I would put a fake camera in
view along with a sensor for a siren and lights.  Come into the "zone" and
the lights will come one (flashing could be a bit nerve racking) and the
siren would blare and hopefully the banditos would be hauling butt the other
way!  I still have a deadbolt on my Airstream.  I have camped a bit with the
kids and like to feel safe when we are locked in at night.  I really would
hate to shoot someone in front of the kids that was breaking in on us!  The
Airstream is just a bit too small for execution of my normal burglar
prevention unit - a metal baseball bat!

Pam in Tampa