[A/S] Re: Miswired F250 to '69 Sovereign

<snip>
 I just want them to check the truck part of the
> connections and give me a copy of the pin out for the trailer
cable.
<snip>
Bill,

The pinouts for the modern 7 conductor are in a file called
wireconnect.doc (or something similar) in the files section of this
list.

The colour assignments are:

Green=Running lights
Red=  Left turn/brake light
White= 12 Vdc negative
Blue= Trailer brakes
Brown=Right turn/brake light
Black=12 Vdc positive

These are the flat pins clockwise looking into the tow vehicle and
starting at the 1 o'clock position.  The center pin is an accessory,
normally for backup lights if the trailer is so equipped and
connects to the yellow wire of the truck harness.

This information is cast into the plug covour on my 2000 F-350.

Someone (Reese?) makes a test plug that you can use in place of a
trailer to verify this.  Mine is outside in the dark right now, but
if you are interested I'll dig it out tomorrow and check.  I think
it was about 20 bucks.

Now as to the trailer, this is what I found on a friend's '58 and
may have no bearing on yours whatsoever but...

Truck colour   Trailer colour

Green        =   Green
Blue         =   Blue
White        =   White
Red          =   Red
Black        =   Brown
Brown        =   Yellow
Yellow       =   Black

I have no way if knowing if that was an original umbilical or not,
although it was a very old stiff cable and may have been.

Hope this helps,
Matt