Re: [A/S] Soon - to - be - Owners of an Airstream

> -I'm open to suggestions about towing, Airstreaming,
> and camper life
> in general.  Any suggestions about reading material
> that would be of
> benifit to us?

George since you are buying new, the dealer will give
you an orientation.  Take a pad of paper and take
notes.  I think we spent an hour and a half to two
hours when I bought my first Airstream.  Secondly if
the dealer has a full hookup site on his grounds, stay
overnight and try everything out.  That means use the
shower, cook in it etc. Dump the holding tanks.  If it
gets to freezing in your neck of the woods, have the
dealer winterize it for you the next day and go
through that process with him. Make sure everything
works to your satisfaction.  If the dealer has no such
facility to overnight, go to a close campground.  You
will be miles ahead getting any adjustments made right
away, and you can get a lot of first time questions
answered.

My dealer does this with every unit he sells.  He also
doesn't do any paperwork or take any payment until the
day after your overnight.  That way he is assured that
you are happy with your unit.

Jack Canavera
STL. Mo.
'04 Classic S.O. 30'