Re: [A/S] Soon - to - be - Owners of an Airstream

I picked up my new 19' Bambi on Sept 19. I would be interested in any defects that you
might come across.  So far the only thing I have had a problem with is the caulking on
the shower door.  When you get yours let us know if there is a puddle outside the shower
when you use it and we can tell you how to fix it.  Other than it being a little cramped
it is a great little rig.

My wife and I have taken the plunge and ordered a 2006 Bambi 19ft
International. I heard today that my loan was approved and that the
order has been placed. I have a couple of rookie questions, if ya'll
don't mind.

-I've always thought it great that many members put their club
membership number on the nose of their trailer. We will join WBCCI as
soon as we have our unit in possesion. Where do you get the numbers?
I'm sure there are better ways and cheaper ways - I don't want
something that will peel off in a month.

-We would like to also put our names, our home town, and the trailer's
name on the hull somewhere. Any suggestions as to where we would
order lettering of that sort?

-I'm open to suggestions about towing, Airstreaming, and camper life
in general. Any suggestions about reading material that would be of
benifit to us?

The unit will be towed with a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 with 5.3 V8 and
automatic. We are both still working, so it will mostly be short
trips, particularly while we are learning.

George Butler
Hoschton GA