[A/S] pulling argosy 28' with Tundra

Toyota Tundra with a V8 engine? I understand it should have the towing
capacity for this but folks have told us it may not give us enough
leeway for optimal towing. Bron

  i pull a 1976 28' argosy with a 2001 tundra v8, auto, and i modified the
suspension slightly. northern vermont to acadia national park in maine last
year was very hilly but no sweat. my trailer has an empty weight of 5300 lbs
or so with an empty tongue weight of 650 lbs or so. i like to travel empty or
close to and it. with the water tank up front my tongue weight can go up to
1000 lbs or so and the max. weight for the trailer is 6600 lbs. that is still
under the max. towing for my tundra which is 7100 lbs. i would like to be 1000
lbs. under max. when ever possible.  i bring a water tank and simply go get
what i need once i arrive. take note though, the older trailers are generally
lighter trailers. there is also a tendancy (at least around here) to over pack,
don't bring it if you can get it there just as cheap or if you may use it once.
usually bikes, too much cooking gear and way too much clothing are our excess
weight.
  my brother just bought some land out west at over 7000' elevation, i will have
to get back to you after that trip.
  good luck, jeff.