Re: [A/S] Open the windows!

Hi Jack,
Welcome to the fun !

I am a little confused about the description of your windows.  I am
assuming that your 1977 Argosy has windows like a 1977 Aristream.  These
would be awning windows with curved glass and rounded edges, framed
completely in aluminum.  They are hinged at the top and have two arms
that push out and slip into a notched plastic piece on each side to hold
them open.  These arms pass through a slot in the inside screen frame.
This slot would originally have had a double sided stiff fringe that
allowed the arm to move but prevented the bugs from coming in.

Around the outside of the window there should be a rubber gasket that
forms a seal when the window is closed.

You can buy new gaskets, and new fuzzies, and with luck many of the
other peices, although a whole window  is hard to find.

When you say rusty track, it makes me wonder if you have the modern
sliding windows seen in most RV's today.  I dunno if a 1977 Argosy would
have had these or not.

By the way you have to post pictures at the Yahoo main list page, can't
send them with emails.

Daisy